Monday, 7 May 2007

Golden Week cycling - Ogikawa


Hi Everybody

Well my Golden week is now over ( Golden week is a Japanese public holiday in early May ) and I'm back to work , but I was lucky enough to get out twice in G.W . The first major run of the season using my restored Humber Sports , the bike went well and I found out that it skips in 1st gear sometimes but I guess I'll also skip in 1st gear when I'm 60 yrs old . Apart from that small problem I had a great ride out of Niigata City along the Agano river and I stopped off at the Northern culture museum to take a few photo's . The photo in this post was taken at the temple next to the museum , I didn't enter the museum that day as I had been there several times before but the temple made a nice backdrop for a photo of the Humber on it's first outing. The main purpose of my trip was to visit Ken Sakurai ( the other tobacco pipe maker in Niigata apart from me ) so we spent the afternoon together smoking pipes and drinking a few beers. It was so nice to get out of the city and to cycling through the small villages that border the Agano river. The total distance when I arrived home was 57 kms so I was rather tired after that trip as I am out of shape from having not cycled for over 4 months while I was restoring my Humber.

No comments: