Wednesday, 6 June 2007

The Yamabiko road


After slowly grinding up the valley through the shade of large cedar trees finally I came to a rest area located beside the river, there was also a new toilet block that looked like it had just been built and some evidence of campfires so I guess a few people come up this road over the summer, soon after I pulled into rest area two cars arrived and they said they had been picking wild mt vegetables these are quite popular as you often see people out in the hills picking them as they are fantastic when cooked in tempura batter. At the rest area was a large sign board detailing the Yamabiko rd and the points of interest along it so after studying the sign I realised that it would take me around the side of the Mt and take me down to route 290 so I thought I'd give it a go. This road is useally closed over the winter as Mt Gozu is covered in snow. Pictured above is the yamabiko rd signboard with my route marked in yellow

No comments: