Monday, 24 September 2007

A map of the route


Please excuse my poor looking map but it's the best I could come up with at present . The above map shows the route I took from Tsugawa over Mt Dai Tengu then across the over the range of mountains into Murumatsu. The overall distance from Tsugawa to the picnic area before Murumatsu was only 50km but because of the climbing if felt like a lot more. After entering Murumatsu I then headed to the nearest train station which was Gosen only to find out I would have to wait an hour & a half for the next train . On discovering this fantastic news I then headed to the nearest supermarket for some food and rode on to Nittsu station where I was able to take a 3.35pm train back into Niigata City. I ended up back home at 4.30pm drinking a nice cold beer to finish off the day.

No comments: