Sunday, 14 October 2007

Nozawa Eki


Pictured above is a photo of me at the Nozawa Eki ( train station ) , I didn't think I would have made it at one stage as I had lost a lot of energy and had to walk up the last hill and I didn't have the power left for any hill climbing at all. I felt rather embarrassed pushing my bike up a gentle slope when cars drove by ,but I was so tired I didn't care anymore. After a nice quick downhill into Nozawa we met up with route 49 and asked a local family directions for the train station. After arriving at the station Brian took off back up the road to the local supermarket to buy some beer & snacks while I cleaned my bike and packed it into my bike bag for the journey home. The beer tasted fantastic after such a long day in the saddle and even though we were both physically exhausted we were glad to have completed our ride. After boarding a train at 5.35pm we headed back to Niitsu station were we changed trains to an express train that got us back into Niigata station at 7.30pm. This is one ride I would never attempt again unless it was in a 4 wheel drive.

No comments: