Thursday, 13 March 2008

The Nishiki is now in bits


Yesterday was my day off, so with time on my hands I set about taking the Nishiki to bits most of the parts came off very easily but I think King Kong's brother must have put the pedals on as it took a trip to the local bike shop and two of us to remove them. The BB was worn out and the top headset race cup had a big crack in it so those parts were thrown away along with the rusty hubs and spokes. The rims are in pretty good condition and cleaned up very well and with a lot of elbow grease I managed to take the black paint off the Sugino cranks which polished up really nice. I think once I have added the new parts it should make a very nice single speed. Pictured above is what I was left with after I took everything off the bike.

No comments: