Tuesday, 7 October 2008

Pottering around the city: part 4



After leaving the Shrine complex I headed down the hill towards the center of the city and made a right turn and took a street that runs alongside the University hospital, it was along this street that I came upon a curious looking shop entrance covered with hand painted signs written in Spanish. On closer inspection the entrance also contained a drink vending machine and a menu that was written in English was attached to the wall advertising the type of meals available. It seemed to be a Shokodo ( basic family style cooking ) and while I took the above photos several Uni students and businessmen entered the shop. On mentioning this shop to my mate Brian he informed me that the entrance way I saw leads downstairs to a basement restaurant that seats about 20 people. As I had already purchased bagels for lunch I didn't stop but will return again in the near future.

No comments: