Tuesday, 21 October 2008

A ride to Yahiko Village part 3




From Iwamuro Spa to Yahiko village is only about 20 mins ride, so it wasn't long before I had arrived in Yahiko Village. On entering the village I passed by the cycle track but as there weren't any races planned it was rather quiet and I contuined on through the village to the station & information center to check out a village map. I had passed through Yahiko Village previously but didn't have a lot of time to explore the village but as it was only 9.30am so I had plenty of time to look around. Yahiko station is a rather interesting building built in the style of a shrine painted red & white and pictured above are a couple of photos of the station and a very good village map which I found located further up the street. As you can see by the map it's a rather small village but very popular due to the fact that Yahiko shrine is very famous and like Iwamuro Spa, Yahiko village also has a number of large Onsen hotels.
Here is a link with some more info on the village

http://www.vill.yahiko.niigata.jp/language/main-bunka_E.htmi

No comments: