Wednesday, 26 November 2008

Good fortune




On one of my last long rides of the year I had the good fortune to meet a fellow British bicycle fan called Satoshi Koizumi while riding in Yahiko Village. He surprised me with his knowledge of classic British bicycles and parts and was very interested in my Humber Sports as he hadn't seen anything like it in Niigata before. Since that 1st meeting we have kept in touch by e mail and had hoped to get in a ride together before winter set in , but unfortunately winter has already arrived in Japan and with the changeable weather it's risky going for a decent ride. But I was able to visit Satoshi last night and over several single malts we discussed restoring vintage bicycles and he showed me his fine collection of bicycles. One of which he is going to re fit with a sturmey archer 4 speed for next season. Upon arriving at Satoshi's house he handed me a present which to my surprise was a NOS Lucas 26" cyclometer which had been on my wish list of parts to obtain. A while back I did fit a modern Cateye strada cycle computer to the Humber but it didn't look the part even though it worked rather well. So now I'll be able to record all my rides in miles and post the info on this blog. I would like to thank Satoshi very much for giving me this as it was just what I wanted to complete my restoration of the Humber.

Pictured above are the instructions for fitting the cyclometer and a photo of the cyclometer , Bracket & Stricker

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Over at Free Bitcoin you can recieve free bitcoins. Up to 22 satoshis every 5 minutes.