Monday, 13 April 2009

Pottering about the City - part 3



After watching the procession pass by we continued cycling up the covered mall which stretches for several blocks and at the end of the mall we turned left to visit an antique shop as I had seen some old Japanese bicycle headlamps. Satoshi got into a debate with the owner over the true value of the headlamps and if you could still purchase the appropriate battery to make them work, which was rather funny. After that we headed to the park were I often play petanque to check out the cherry blossoms and like Hakusan park , Nishi Ohata park was packed with people drinking under the cherry trees as well. After that we headed towards home and on the way home Satoshi showed me another bicycle shop located near my house which I had not found. I did not take any photos of the bike shop as not long after we arrived it was full of Lycra clad roadies and very modern bicycles, not the type of thing for a 3 speed blog.

5 comments:

KitKat said...

I found your blog by accident while I was searching a saddlebag support for my bike. how beautiful is your bike and all those sceneries! good luck for your journey and keep pedaling.

Don Speden said...

Thanks KitKat and if you need a saddle bag support I can recommend the Viva rack as it holds a full saddle bag nice and steady and attaches easily to the the seatpost

KitKat said...

thanks Don, indeed I've ordered Viva's and should be here next week or so arriving from Japan... can't wait.

Blogger said...

Did you think about choosing the best Bitcoin exchange service: YoBit.

Blogger said...

Claim free satoshis over at Easy Bitcoin. Up to 33 satoshis every 10 minutes.