Sunday, 30 May 2010

Along the Rin Rin road part 2



After stocking up with some food and instant coffee for our lunch break we headed back towards the cycle path and soon we were pedaling along the riverside path enjoying the scenery when we spied a rather large snake lying in the middle of the path, not the sort of thing you want to ride over and as there are no snakes in New Zealand I have always been rather weary of them and over the years I've had several close calls with large snakes whilst hiking or cycling so I prefer to keep my distance from them. The weather today was fantastic and it was so nice to be out of the city for a change.

Pictured above is the snake I saw heading under the fence at the side of the cycle road and a photo of my Humber with the mountains of Gozu in the background.

No comments: