Sunday, 9 May 2010

Kamitokura to Otaini Dam part 5





After a quick spin downhill with my Lucas cyclometer clicking like crazy I had soon retraced the morning route and was heading back up the steep 7% grade that I had enjoyed so much cycling down in the morning. To be honest I tried to cycle up as far as I could which was over half way before dismounting taking a drink and walking the rest of the way, but I did manage to cycle up all of the other hills including a 6.5% grade climb. I had saved some of my food in case I needed more energy to get me through the remainder of the ride but not far from where I started was a new rest area and a brand new toilet block which looked like a great place for another coffee. After relaxing over a coffee I then pressed on up the valley which then led me down hill back to my van. I arrived back at the van at 3pm after having done 76.4 km .

4 comments:

靜昀 said...

thank u........................................

llewellyn said...

Looks good.Planned on being in Hokkaido in May/June , but this financial crisis we are in put that on hold.New plan , cycle from Hokkaido to Kyushu next year , as a sixtieth birthday present to myself.Love the North of Japan and want to take a leisurely ride from one end to the other.Your photos and stories keep me going.thanks ,Llewellyn.

Don Speden said...

Hi IIewellyn

Thanks a lot for following my blog and I would like to get out cycling more often as there are so many places to explore nearby. If you ever get to Niigata please let me know and we can meet up. You would love touring here, but stick to the back roads

Cheers Don

韋于倫成 said...

與人相處不妨多用眼睛說話,多用嘴巴思考,..................................................