Saturday, 6 November 2010

Cycle Mode 2010





Hi Everybody

Sorry I haven't posted anything for a while but my new job is keeping me rather busy, but it's fantastic to be working in a bicycle shop again after a break of many years. Last Friday my workmate and I took the bullet train to Tokyo to attend the international cycle trade show called Cycle Mode, the event was held in a huge indoor event space in Chiba which is about 30 mins by train from Tokyo station. I took a number of photos of the various new 2011 models but as this blog is dedicated to vintage bicycles I have included the above set of photos that I found of interest. The Brooks trade stand was very nicely laid out with a bicycle on display featuring their new brick lane panniers set against a brick wall, the panniers look very well made and the muted colors would look nice on any traditional bike set up for touring. Just behind the fake brick wall was the entire range of brooks saddles including their new range of organic leather saddles in a natural leather color, the leather on these saddles appears to be a bit thicker than most standard brooks that are currently in production. The was also a display of the colt saddles which now come in a range of colors, I don't think I'll be putting a pink colt saddle on my Humber anytime though !. Also there was a fixe built up using Brooks products on display as now many younger riders are fitting Brooks saddles to their track bikes. Brooks saddles in Japan sell quite well and are gaining popularity all the time. Pictured above are some photos of the Brooks trade stand

No comments: