Saturday, 16 April 2011

Mono Style magazine



In Japan there is a vast array of bicycle magazines and since I have lived here the number of such publications has certainly increased as bicycles have become more popular. Now most magazines feature stories relating to bicycles or bicycle fashion etc and recently my shop has been featured in a popular national magazine called Mono Style. The article in the photo above is related to the vintage mountain bikes that I have been restoring since my shop opened last sept. My boss is also a big fan of vintage / retro MTBs and it all started with me restoring for him a fully chrome 1985 Mongoose ATB , shorty after that he had aquired several more vintage MTBs which keep me busy over the long cold winter. The bicycles that I restored are currently in an exhibition in Tokyo but due to return to Niigata for another exhibition in mid May. All the bikes in the exhibition are also for sale and has been closely restored to their original condition. Pictured above is the cover of Mono Style magazine and the article about my shop.

5 comments:

llewellyn said...

Good work Don, shame I couldn't ship you my old Centurion Mountaineer with Tange CrMo frame for a facelift, still has the original Araya rims and Sakae pedals in very good nick.

Don Speden said...

Sounds like it would be a fun project llewellyn ,When I worked back in NZ restoring bikes most of them were from the early 1900s so restoring old MTBs from the 80s is interesting as I grew up with MTBs and raced them in the late 80s so I know a lot about that period

don said...

cool!

llq said...

how are you!This was a really brilliant website!I come from ukChristian Louboutin Heels, I was fortunate to approach your blog in google

vincentd said...

Really good work done by you and i appreciate your work. keep it up.
zoekmachine optimalisatie