Wednesday, 29 June 2011

Uni Cycling - Elsbet 2011



For those of you who follow this blog I guess you would be wondering why I'm posting something about uni cycles , well apart from riding traditional 3 speeds and building replica high wheel bicycles I also enjoy all types of cycling. I guess I've tried most forms of cycling over the years. I rode a BMX as a kid, my father & I built a unicycle when I was about 13 years old,raced MTBs in the early 1990s, toured the South Island of NZ and Northern Thailand on my trusty 1989 Gary Fisher CR - 7 MTB , represented NZ at the Australian penny farthing championships , rode in a vintage track event ( 1903 BSA track bike ). Not so long ago thanks to the internet I discovered the uni cycling has come a really long way in the past 10 years. There are now several types of riding styles from Freestyle, street, trials, distance, Muni etc and because of my limited free time these days I decided to take up uni cycling again just for fun and to get in shape. Posted is a recent short movie from a event held in Europe showing 3 different styles of uni cycling that are popular today - Muni ( mountain uni cycling )Street & trials. If you are looking to put some balance back into your life get yourself a unicycle and have some fun. My new 24" Nimbus unicycle is arriving next week !

2 comments:

sovietsocks said...

I've always wanted to ride a unicycle. It just seems so...impossible to balance on.

Mandie said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

Thanks!

Mandie Hayes
mandie.hayes10@gmail.com