Thursday, 18 August 2011

Sado Island - one day tour


Recently I discovered from one of my customers that the Sado ferry company is running a campaign where you can take your bicycle across to Sado Island free of charge , this offer is running until Nov of 2011 so my cycling pal Brian & I are planning a one day tour of Sado Island. Almost 11 years ago when I was teaching English I rode around the larger part of the Island on my Golden week holiday on my 50 inch replica high wheel bicycle & Brian rode his GT mountain bike. It was great fun and ever since completing that tour I've been meaning to return to complete the other half of the Island. This time I won't be on the high wheel bicycle but taking my trusty 1947 Humber sports 3 speed as it has a Carradice Nelson longflap saddle bag in which to store my cooker for a brew up , jacket , tobacco pipe, camera etc . At present I have mapped the course we will take on the picture above but we haven't confirmed a date as yet as that will be decided over a beer or two one evening. I can wait to return to Sado Island as it's such a fantastic place to explore. If you ever get to Japan or are already living here make sure Sado Island is on your list of places to visit as I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Keep your cotters tight !
Don

2 comments:

Pramod Negi said...

Wonderful post, really great tips and advice. I was interested by your comment,
Cheap Xiamen Flights
Flights to Xiamen
Xiamen Flights

ket ban said...

Hello! Invite to My web
http://dichvu-kinhdoanh.forumvi.com/
http://toolseo2424.blogspot.com/
http://sachkinhdoanh2424.blogspot.com/