Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Cinelli 2012 bicycle range






Well I have just come back from a one day trip to Tokyo to view the 2012 range from Cinelli. The distributor in Japan is a company called Dinosaur that also sells other road cycling related brands as well, but it was really only Cinelli & the saddle manufacturer San Marco that we were interested in viewing. After arriving the the Tokyo Prince Hotel we went straight to the show hall where Dinosaur was holding their event. 1st up with two new color schemes for their lightweight alloy track MASH frames and one was designed by the MASH crew from San Francisco and the other from Benny Gold. Both look very nice and brakes can be fitted with the front fork having a pilot hole that needs drilling and a rear brake can be fitted with a Kerin training brake consisting of two alloy back plates bolted onto the seat stays. Also it seems that my work mate Hiroshi is eyeing up one of Cinelli Super Corsa frames for himself !. These are the last frames to be manufactured in Italy by Cinelli and only one older staff member is in charge of making them, buy one now as they may not be around forever . They are a outstanding work of art and the finish on the Super Corsa road & track frames are fantastic. Also on display was a limited edition Laser Nostra track bike, very few of these have been made so I'm sure they sell out rather quickly.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I think it's awesome that you're touring Japan on a 3-speed. I have a folding bike that's got an 8-speed internal hub, and I love it. Now that I've got an internal hub, I don't think I'll ever go back. Haven't done any travelling with it yet, but I look forward to having the opportunity!

Don Speden said...

Hi Chris

I totally agree with you as after having ridden most types of bicycles over the years my favorite is my Fathers 1947 Humber Sports. Sturmey Archer hubs and other internal geared hubs are basically maintenance free and perfect for most everyday cyclists.

In a weeks time or so I'll be fitting a new Shimano Alfine 11 speed internal geared hub to a customers 1 x 1 Surly so I'll post some pics of that once the job is finished. I'm looking forward to it as I've never built up a wheel with this hub before, should be fun.