Sunday, 26 August 2012

Sturmey Archer S - RF3

For quite some time I've been a fan of Sturmey Archer hubs, my father's 1947 Humber sports has it's original hub which is a 3 speed with a drum brake and it's has never let me down once while riding even on long tours. So when a customer of mine with a Fuji Feather CX ( single speed cyclo cross ) wanted more gears and the ability to ride faster I recommended the Sturmey Archer S - RF3 hub which is a standard 3 speed hub which allows you to choose whatever size rear cog you need . i then laced the hub into a Salsa Delgado cyclo cross rim with is a very well made rim available in 32 or 36 Hole with eyelets for added strength. In this post you can see a couple of photos of the rim and hub in the wheel truing stand.






5 comments:

llewellyn said...

Boy, those rims remind me of my old 80's MTB with Araya Rims and eyelets.

Don Speden said...

Hi

Those Salsa cyclo cross rims are very nice with a nice wide braking surface and eyelets. I think they make that rim in 26 inch as well as 700c !

Curtsblog said...

Nice article. You have an awesome blog with absolutely great content. Might I suggest going to http://increasetraffictomyblog.com to get more visitors to your page. It's a free site and if you serious about blogging and getting a more popular blog, then I suggest that you sign up for free immediately. And don't be shy, everyone there is like family. :)Cheers!

Easton Heights Blogger said...

I like those rims also; I run an older set on my Surly Pacer, from when they were called 'Delgado X'.

Kuntal said...

You have an awesome blog with absolutely great content. Might I suggest going to http://cataloguespromo.com to get more visitors to your page.