Thursday, 9 May 2013

bike packing set up

Today with a bit of free time I set up my bags on my 2013 Kona Unit to see how it looks with a full set of bags and how it handles. I have previously done several long tours of 3000 kms with a traditional pannier bag set up and this year I have decided to try bike packing for a change. The bike handles quite well and I personally think it is balanced better this way as the steering and general handling of the bike feels much better. Once the weather heats up a little I will go on a overnight trip and test everything out, my plan this year is to do several short over night trips then in Oct or Nov to do a 5 day tour into Fukushima to check out a few places I have always wanted to see.

Pictured below is the Kona fitted out with a Freeload rear rack which is supporting my two man tent , a Salsa frame bag which will hold the Trangia stove plus cook set and bike repair kit. The front bag is a Porcelain Rocket mission control bag which holds my down sleeping bag which is inside an outdoor research dry bag ( the last thing you ever want is a wet sleeping bag ) , the small front pocket on the front will hold money, camera and any other small items that I want easy access too. I always use a 2ltr camelbak for water so that is why I do not need water bottles attached to the frame.




 

4 comments:

Goran Stamenkovic said...

I was able to find good info from your blog posts.

ps3 jailbreak 4.41

Piter Gordon said...

The bicycle looks great on the pictures :)

cool!

paper writings

Frank Delaney said...

your bike is looking so nice and Thanks for sharing this great info with us.
Apartment Software

Asif Ali Zaman said...

<----------I like it your blog.awesome blog how it is orgnize i totally impressed
thanks for sharing this


macbook pro, sell macbook pro, cash for apple macbooks
http://sellyourmacbookpro.com
online business coach, online business
advisor, online business, business coach, business advisor

http://carolminarcik.com/
octors in qatar,qatar doctors,dentists in qatar,clinics in qatar,hospitals in qatar



http://qatardoctors.qa/