Wednesday, 7 May 2014

Serria Designs - Stash 1 lightweight touring tent

Last year the heaviest item I had to pack on the bike was my 20 year old Fairydown Alpine 2 man tent, it is still a great tent and a 100% waterproof which is great but I do not need the luxury of such a large tent while bike packing as I only need somewhere to sleep. So after a lot of research I decided on purchasing the Stash 1 from Serria Designs . It filled all the needs I wanted being only 1.1kg and easy to set up and hardly takes up any room in my Revelate Viscacha saddle bag unlike my bulky 2 man tent. Today with some free time I rode to a nearby seaside park to learn how to set it up , it was rather easy to erect for the first time and will give me just enough room for the air mattress & pillow with the sleeping bag on top. There is a small amount of room at the bottom of the tent if you needed to store something ,but the space outside the door offers plenty of space for a bag and those stinky shoes you have at the end of a long days riding. Today I will purchase an additional 4 lightweight pegs to keep the fly tighter off the tent which will be handy if you happen to get rained on which is quite likely living here in Niigata Ken.





No comments: