Friday, 16 January 2015

Winter restoration

As winter is here upon us on the sea of Japan, the bike shop where I work is not so busy with most people staying indoors rather than out cycling. Although on the 24th of this month , Genki my new part time staff member & I will travel to Snowpeak HQ for their yearly fat bike demo weekend where we can test all the models the currently offer on the snow plus we'll get a chance to take part in Japan's 1st ever fat bike winter race late Sat afternoon. Japan is well behind the USA in organizing such races but maybe this small race might be the start of something bigger, let's hope so !.  So what have I been up to at work , well apart from the odd hardy cyclist who rides through winter and needs running repairs I have been working on an older 650 A classic touring bike for a local rider who has decided over the winter to get it fully restored . Sorry I do not have a before photo of what it looked like , but it's a classic French style randonneur with a mix of parts which includes Pelissier 2000 sealed hubs on Mavic module 3 rims , TA cyclo tourist double chain ring cranks , Campagnolo Gran Turismo rear derailler with a 6 speed Suntour freewheel. The entire bike will get repainted and once rebuilt should look fantastic. Pictured below are some of the classic parts that I have cleaned ready for refitting.




No comments: